The localized method of transferring advertising contents for a particular place or location is known as Proximity Marketing. The transformation is done mainly through wireless channels. The people or the customers who want to receive the messages can receive it through various devices like their smart phone, laptops or any other Bluetooth enabling devices.
The Various Ways to Determine the Location of a Device Are as Listed below:
- The Smart Phones or the cellular phone within a particular location.
- Devices with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi facility.
- The GPS enabled devices with a strong internet connection.
A NFC accessible device that can read a RFID chip that depicts the news of a Product launch or a media launch at a particular location. The information is collected in the form of localized contents that are collected via the internet servers.
Proximity Marketing has various utilization but how the Retailers are benefited out of it is the main matter of concern here. If someone goes by the definition of proximity marketing it is said there that proximity marketing is all about providing information about the people of a particular locality at a particular time. In this way the retailers can collect information about their targeted customers of a particular location.
How Do the Bluetooth Proximity Marketing Techniques Work?
Proximity Marketing like any other marketing involves selling or marketing of the product to their targeted customers. However the proximity marketing messages are accurate and are confined to a particular location at a particular time.
Following are the process through which the Bluetooth Proximity Marketing works:
- The Data or the information collected through various Bluetooth enabled devices, or through internet are transformed into the form of images, text, data, audio, video or even sometimes in the form of games are sent to the targeted customers via their smart phones, laptops etc. Sometimes the retailers also send the messages when the customer is standing in front of a particular product.
- Through push messages about the things or the products that the customers are seeing in the shop.
- By sending various coupons containing discounts or offer for individual or group of customers.
- Through various social networking sites like Facebook, twitter etc. The Data collected from these sites helps in proper segmentation of the customers. This way the Retailers are also benefited as they can approach their targeted audiences or the customers much smoothly.
Beneficiaries of Proximity Marketing:
Proximity Marketing has no doubt strengthened the relationship of the retailers with their customers. The engagement level of the retailers and their customers is much high with this marketing technique. The retailers can now their customer’s individual behavior, needs and wants. It also helps the retailers to privatize their products according to the individual customer’s choices or preferences.
Since smart phones have now became the necessity of every human being proximity marketing in this context have a much long way to go and help the retailers to shine in their business. This can be the only way the brick-and-mortar store retailers can combat with the e-retailers.