The Brick-and-Mortar stores are experimenting with various things like from changing their in-store design to changing the position of the products inside the stores. All are being done mainly to attract customers. These brick-and-mortar stores lack behind in this matter. They have insufficient or inadequate numbers of customer’s data than those of the online Retailers. This increases the need for a Brick-and-Mortar Store Analytics.
The Advancement of Technology has made the situation to change a lot. Now a day the brick-and-mortar store retailers need to access the same data as the online retailers. The advent of smart phones has made the job much easier.
In today’s world there are two types of customers that is one who rely on the online marketing site and the others who still date have faith on the physical marketing or on the retail stores.
Dealing with the online customers is much easier than those of who come to the retail shop. The online retailers with various smart tools and technologies keep and maintain a regular assessment of their customers. They keep on changing their rules and regulation, their business plans to attract more and more customers or to retain the old ones. The major problem is being faced by the brick-and-mortar stores. They have lack of data to have a proper understanding about their customers.
How the Processes Work?
There are various ways through which this Brick-and-Mortar Analytics can be done. As soon as a person sign up for a website the web cookies start tracking each and every buying detail of customers. These details can be further used for Retail Analytics to plan their strategies accordingly. By looking at this they can design individual customer plans. The retailers can plan for the discounts to given, the place where the products must be kept to attract most the customer’s attraction.
Steps That the Brick-and-Mortar Stores Can Follow:
- The brick-and-mortar stores or the physical stores can opt for video marketing facilities at their shops. This will help them to have close observation on their customers as well as their employees.
- All the brick-and-mortar stores must follow the test and learn marketing procedure to get a better result.
- Reviews can be another way to judge the customer’s behavior. Reading the customer’s review the retailers can get a better picture about what are the things customers are liking, what are the things they need to have a change.
- Wi-Fi in store kiosks is an excellent way to keep a close eye on the customers who are inside the stores.
- Personalization of the products, offers or discount can be done knowing the individual customer’s behavior.
- Brick-and-mortar stores can have an online catalog of their products. This way they can attract all the technologically savvy customers.
- Most of the customers are getting more and more inclined towards the online trends, so online payment mode,
e-banking, PayPal are the other things the Retailers can keep in mind.
Merging the two marketing arena like the online as well as the brick-and-mortar retail stores can give a much better result.