The new camera based Technology is helping the Retailers to get an information about not only what the Customers wants to buy but to keep a track on the matter about what the Customers are actually buying.
Utility of the camera technology:
The Heat Mapping Technology or the camera based technology is a regular trend in today’s world that helps the retailers in the following ways;
- It help the retailers to keep a track on what the customers are liking
- Keep a track on what the customers are ignoring
- Where the customer traffic is more inside the shop.
Thus in-store heat mapping is an excellent way to optimize the store’s layout and design. One of the major utility that the heat mapping technology has is that it helps to distinguish between popular vs. unpopular places and expensive merchandise vs. cheap merchandise.
Latest trends in Heat mapping:
There are various latest trends that have emerged in the world of retailing. So the heat mapping technologies have also undergone various changes in the recent years. These include:
- Heat mapping technologies are so advanced now a day that they help retailers by saying what the customers wants inside the store. There is a common psychology behind is that touching a product inside the shop increases the chances to buy that particular product. Pricing problem is one of the main problems being faced by the retailers. Heat map can be a solution to this problem. High price can be a reason for the customer to touch a product and not buying it.
- Another trend in heat mapping includes tracking merchandise record. This type of heat mapping is only concerned level of interaction among the retailers with the customers instead of what the customers are touching.
Heat Map analytical tools:
The top ten heat map analytical tools are as follows;
- Mouse Flow
- Lucky Orange
- Crazy Egg
- Click tale
- Heat Map.me
- Click Heat
- Click Beat
Example showing how the in-store heat map works:
There are different colors in the heat mapping system indicating different things like;
A store has certain areas with a high traffic interest then it might be indicated with red, while the areas with little traffic interest can be demarcated by blue light.
On the contrary there are certain areas inside the stores that are having a mix response among the customers. Like some portion of the area can attract people and some can’t, these areas are being demarcated by red color with green patches inside it.
There are few things that a retailer should keep in mind to make the best use of heat mapping or heat map analytics. The most important content or the thing that a customer may be attracted to is to be kept in front of the eyes of the customers, as when someone is in hurry then he or she picks up the thing that is in front of the eyes. Over crowded with lots and products or contents can make the customer confuse. The interior decoration of a store plays an important role in seeking the customer’s attention.