The dictionary meaning of micro-location marketing implies to the process of using Geo demographics with that of marketing or to be more accurate we can say as the consumer marketing. As the name suggests micro-location marketing is a marketing technique or strategy where the advertisement messages or the contents are being targeted to a small group of people, thus the messages are meant for a group of targeted consumers. This process of marketing is widely being used the companies or the brands that segments their customers into small groups. These companies or the brands pay much attention to certain characteristics of their customers like their buying habits, their likes and dislikes etc.
Micro-Location Marketing Strategies:
The various micro-location marketing strategies involve;
- All the strategies that are made for micro-location marketing process are based on either the local market or an individual targeted market . This involves having a clear observation on the style, size or pattern of the market.
- Another thing that is kept in mind for micro-location marketing is to divide the whole lot of customers into small groups.
- The most important objective of the micro-location marketing strategy is that the messages of this type of marketing are being targeted to an individual customer. This led the companies to have complete information about their customers.
Usefulness of Micro-Location Marketing:
This process of marketing helps the E-Commerce websites to track their customers easily. This in turn helps them to prepare their advertising messages accordingly. By knowing their customer’s demand these websites can display the product which the customer is in need off.
Potentiality of Micro-Location Marketing:
There are various potential of micro location marketing which are as follows;
- It helps to attract more customers by raising their instinct of shopping by sending promotional messages, advertisement to the targeted group of customers or to a micro level of people to whom this advertisement matters.
- By knowing the customer’s behavior it helps in delivering the messages or alerts of sale that the customer need or demand.
- Helps in making more personalized content for individual customers like offers, discount, etc.
- The companies can provide various details about a specific brand which will be beneficial for their shoppers.
- Help in increasing the customer loyalty by linking or merging the real time offers with that of the micro location.
Levels of Micro-Location Marketing:
There are four levels through which the micro-location marketing works. These involve;
- Local Areas
Proximity Marketing and Micro-Location Marketing:
With invent of Proximity Marketing the most common terminology that we come across is the virtual shopping. This is quite true that the process of marketing have become much more easy and first with the help of mobile marketing or proximity marketing. Proximity Marketing has made the process of marketing much more personalized than it was before. Now the brands or the companies can track their targeted customers easily via the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi present in their Smartphone. This low energy beacons help to sent on spot messages to the customers. Proximity marketing also helps the brands or the companies to follow their customers through various social networking sites like Facebook, twitter, etc. the companies now pay much more attention in tracking the customer’s behavior. Knowing the customer well is an important objective of micro-location marketing and this is being possible through proximity marketing.
Image credit: mdgadvertising.com