The Retailers of yesterday and today have a common tendency to experiment with various modes to communicate with their customers. They always try to produce their advertising messages through various ways and means. Earlier the retailers use to communicate with their customers through electronic or print media and also by personal interaction. However with the advancement of technology the scenario has changed a lot. The mode of communication between the Retailers and the Customers has also changed.
Retail Mobile marketing seems to be the latest advancement in the world of Retail. Mobile in to today’s generation is not only an option but it is a necessity. The Retailers now use this mobile for delivering their marketing messages. It has been found that the mobile marketing have a higher potential to attract and grab much more customer’s attention than any other mode of communication being used before. The mobile marketing has also provided solution to various problems being faced by the retailers by increasing the potentiality of communication.
How Does The Retail Mobile Marketing Works?
• The retail mobile marketing with its push messaging system, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC informs the customers with the latest offerings and discount, this in turn help the customers to take their purchasing decision much more easily and fast.
• The consumer’s data or information are being collected from the social media sites, through various apps and also from the records of their past purchase, the retailers then send their marketing messages through mobile to these customers.
• Mobile marketing keeps on updating the customers with the latest offers and discounts that are going on or are to be coming. This way mobile marketing plays a major role in in-store retail marketing and thus can also be termed as the in-store mobile marketing.
• The process of personalization of data by knowing a customer’s behavior, buying habits are now a major part of retail analytics, in-store mobile marketing has made the process much easier than before.
• Mobile marketing when merged with other marketing vehicles can give a more fruitful result to the retailers.
• Mobile being a constant mode of communication has the potential to track the customer’s information or the customer’s database much more accurately. This helps the retailers to satisfy the customers by providing the things that they demand for.
How the Retailers can use in-store Retail Marketing to Engage more Customers?
The customer’s behavior is also changing in this world of changing technology. Now the tech savvy customer’s want the advertising messages to be forwarded to them every now and then. They want to update themselves with the latest information sitting in the coffee shop or in the airport.
Thus to meet the demands of these sophisticated customers the retailers also need to think something different than before. The marketing contents must be now very mobile friendly than before. The advertising content must be brief and informative as most of the people now have a time crunch. The retailers need to inform the customers through mobiles from time to time because if the customers do not find the message an informative one the chances of shifting to other brand or product is much high. The retailers need to track the location of the customers and increase their fan base. The in-store mobile marketing provides the customers with facilities like making them able to compare the prices with other products and brand.
Thus mobile marketing have made the process of retailing much more informal than before by eliminating the gap between the Customers and the Retailers.